State-of-the-art laser particle size analyzer
Bettersizer S3 represents the leading particle size analysis technology for wet dispersion solution. Measuring range from 0.01μm to 3500μm can meet the most stringent requirements of fundamental research, product development, and process control applications. The advanced optical design, DLOIS, automatic refractive index measurement, and high quality manufacturing ensure convenient, reliable operation and accurate results. SOP and automatic circulation & dispersion system ease the workload and improve user experience.
● Measurement: Particle size and shape
● Particle size from 0.01µm to 3500µm
● Particle shape from 100µm to 3500µm
● Technology: Laser diffraction + Automated imaging
● Automatic refractive index measurement
Features and Benefits
• Measuring range:
Particle size from 0.01μm to 3500μm.
Particle shape from 100μm to 3500μm.
• Dual Lenses & Oblique Incidence Optical System (DLOIS): eliminates the fitting error of double beam system, enlarges detection angle (0.02 to 165 degree) and assures high sensitivity, resolution and accuracy.
• Particle size & shape: one CCD camera with 120 fps, 1.3 Mpixel and 0.5x lens. Combine particle size shape analysis.
• Refractive index measurement: pre-determine the refractive index of materials; improve the accuracy of measurements of materials with unknown refractive index data.
• Ease of use: Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), automatic alignment, automatic circulation & dispersion system, and the powerful software make sample analysis on Bettersizer S3 a one-button operation.
Intelligent Particle Sizing Performance
Bettersizer S3 represents the latest Bettersize particle size analysis technology for wet dispersion solution. Measuring range from 0.01µm to 3500µm can meet the most stringent requirement of different industries and a variety of test samples.
The accuracy of Bettersizer S3 as verified by measurements of eight standard samples.
Detection limit test : A mixture reference standard samples of 3.1 µm and 5.1 µm nominal diameter was used to gauge the resolution of the Bettersizer S3 against the industry benchmark particle sizing instrument. The mixing ratio of 1.65 was used for the test. Bettersizer S3 clearly out-resolve the benchmark instrument as shown in the following graphs.
|Particle size distribution||Suspension, emulsion, dry powder|
|Theory||Mie and Fraunhofer|
|Anslysis thoery||Mie and Fraunhofer|
|Typical measurement time||≤10 second|
|Size range||0.01- 3500μm (particle size)|
|Number of size classes||More than 100 customized grades|
|Refractive Index||Refractive Index measurement|
|Accuracy||≤0.5% (GBRM D50)|
|Repeatability||≤0.5% (GBRM D50)|
|Resolution ratio||Single peak, double peak, multi-peak|
|Green light source||Max. 5mW, DPSSL pumping, 532nm|
|White light source||Led|
|Lens arrangement||Dual lenses on the right and left of sample cell, oblique incidence|
|Lens design||F-Theta Lenses|
|Effective focal length||223mm|
|Quantity||96 pieces (forward, sideway, backward)|
|Angular detection range||0.02 - 165 degree|
|Light path adjustment||Intelligent automatic alignment|
|SAMPLE DISPERSION SYSTEM|
|Wet dispersion system||Standard configuration|
|Dispersion system||Ultrasound 50W, 38 KHz dry run protection system|
|Water circulation||Centrifugal pump, 500 -2500 ml/min, auto water intake and rinsing|
|Water capacity||600 ml|
|21 CFR Part 11||Enable|
|Report||More than 14 formats|
|Data export||EXCEL, PDF, WORD, JPG and etc.|
|Laser class||Class I laser product|
|Supply voltage||220VAC, 180W|
|Dimension||820mm x 610mm x 290mm (L x W x H)|
|Computer interface||At least a USB2.0 port required|
|Operation system||Windows XP, Windows 7,8 or 10|
|Hardware specification||Intel Core I5, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD|