Bettersizer S3 Plus
Complete particle size and shape analysis on one unit
Seamlessly combined laser diffraction and automated imaging in one model, Bettersizer S3 Plus not only achieves a wide size range from 0.01 to 3500μm, but also analyzes all size and shape parameters of a great variety of bulk materials. The reliable performance and user- friendly operation mode make Bettersizer S3 Plus the best choice for research in need of material characterization.
- Measurement: Particle size and particle shape
- Particle size from 0.01µm to 3500µm
- Particle shape from 2µm to 3500µm
- Dispersion type: Wet
- Technology: Laser diffraction + Automated imaging
- Automatic refractive index measurement
|Model||Bettersizer S3 Plus||Bettersizer S3|
|Particle size measuring range||0.1 μm-3500 μm||0.1 μm-3500 μm|
|Particle shape measuring range||2 μm-3500 μm||100 μm-3500 μm|
|Measuring method||- Laser diffraction: DLOIS|
- Automated Imageing: 0.5x lens and 10x lens
|- Laser diffraction: DLOIS
- Automated Imageing: 0.5x lens
|Automatic refractive index measurement||Yes||Yes|
Features and Benefits
• Measuring range:
Particle size from 0.01μm to 3500μm.
Particle shape from 2μm to 3500μm.
• Dual Lenses & Oblique Incidence Optical System (DLOIS): eliminates the fitting error of double beam system, enlarges detection angle (0.02 to 165 degree) and assures high sensitivity, resolution and accuracy.
• Particle size & shape: two CCD cameras with 120 fps, 1.3 Mpixel, and lenses 0.5x and 10x. It can combine particle size and shape (0.5x), separate 0.5x or 10x image, 0.5x and 10x joint image to measure particle shape.
• Refractive index measurement: pre-determine the refractive index of materials; improve the accuracy of measurements of materials with unknown refractive index data.
• Ease of use: with Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), automatic alignment, automatic circulation & dispersion system, and the powerful software, sample analysis on Bettersizer S3 Plus can be a one-button operation.
Intelligent Particle Sizing Performance
Bettersizer S3 Plus defines a new era in particle sizing and shape measurement and a culmination of our years of experience excel in particle sizing and shape analysis instrumentation.
The accuracy of Bettersizer S3 Plus as verified by measurements of eight standard samples.
Detection limit test : A mixture reference standard samples of 3.1 µm and 5.1 µm nominal diameter was used to gauge the resolution of the Bettersizer S3 Plus against the industry benchmark particle sizing instrument. The mixing ratio of 1.65 was used for the test. Bettersizer S3 Plus clearly out-resolve the benchmark instrument as shown in the following graphs.
|Particle size distribution||Suspension, emulsion, dry powder|
|GENERAL||BETTERSIZER S3 PLUS|
|Theory||Laser diffraction +automated imaging|
|Anslysis thoery||Mie and Fraunhofer|
|Typical measurement time||≤10 second|
|Size range||0.01 - 3500μm (particle size)
4-3500μm (particle shape)
|Number of size classes||More than 100 customized grades|
|Particle shape||Circularity,L/D,kinds of equivalent particle size|
|Refractive Index||Refractive Index measurement|
|Accuracy||≤0.5% (GBRM D50)|
|Repeatability||≤0.5% (GBRM D50)|
|Resolution ratio||Single peak, double peak, multi-peak|
|Green light source||Max. 5mW, DPSSL pumping, 532nm|
|White light source||Parallel homogenized light source, Image light|
|Lens arrangement||Dual lenses on the right and left of sample cell, oblique incidence|
|Lens design||F-Theta Lenses, 0.5X telecentric lens|
|Effective focal length||223mm, image focal length 110mm|
|Quantity||96 pieces (forward, sideway, backward)|
|Angular detection range||0.02 - 165 degree|
|Light path adjustment||Intelligent automatic alignment|
|SAMPLE DISPERSION SYSTEM|
|Wet dispersion system||Standard configuration|
|Dispersion system||Ultrasound 50W, 38 KHz dry run protection system|
|Water circulation||Centrifugal pump, 500 -2500 ml/min, auto water intake and rinsing|
|Water capacity||600 ml|
|21 CFR Part 11||Enable|
|Report||More than 14 formats|
|Data export||EXCEL, PDF, WORD, JPG and etc.|
|Laser class||Class I laser product|
|Supply voltage||220VAC, 180W|
|Dimension||820mm x 610mm x 290mm (L x W x H)|
|Computer interface||At least a USB2.0 port required|
|Operation system||Windows XP, Windows 7,8 or 10|
|Hardware specification||500GB HD,
CPU: I7 2600 or above;
Memory: 4G or above;
Mainboard: With PCI-E interface, long and short card slot.
Monitor resolution: 1680*1050 or above